On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 21:52, J Doe <gene...@nativemethods.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is this the appropriate list to make a request for an update to a package
> for Bionic 18.04.1 LTS server ?  The update in question is SpamAssassin
> 3.4.2 which fixes 4 CVE’s [1] and was released on 2018-09-16.
>
> Thank you,
>
> - J

As a bystander, not involved with packaging, I can still provide a quick
response here while waiting for a more official word from proper
maintainers so you can get on with your day with some of the information
required :-)

The standard method of covering security fixes in software shipped within
`main` in Ubuntu, we don't usually bump the version. Instead we backport
_just_ the security fixes to the version that is already in the repository.

For maintainers, spamassassin is in `main` on at least 18.04, so I think it
should be subject to security coverage.

Dan.