Hello,

I currently run a server using Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS with patches current to today
(Jan 11, 2019).  I configured systemd-resolved to use DNSSEC validation by
editing: /etc/systemd/resolved.conf and setting: DNSSEC=yes.

When I check my syslog, I note that systemd-resolved is logging that the
positive trust anchor for the root has been revoked:

Jan 11 17:59:48 server systemd-resolved[728]: DNSSEC Trust anchor . IN DS 19036
8 2 49aac11d7b6f6446702e54a1607371607a1a41855200fd2ce1cdde32f24e8fb5 has been
revoked. Please update the trust anchor, or upgrade your operating system.

I checked: man dnssec-trust-anchors.d and read:

"Note that systemd-resolved will automatically use a built-in trust anchor key
for the Internet root domain if no positive trust anchors are defined for the
root domain.”

I verified that: /etc/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/*.positive,
/run/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/*.positive,
/usr/lib/dnssec-trust-anchors.d/*.positive do *NOT* exist, which means that
only the compiled in root trust anchor key is being used and that
systemd-resolved has found that it has been revoked.

Does this require a new root trust anchor to be compiled in and then shipped in
a systemd update or should I manually acquire the root trust anchor and place
it in one of the directories mentioned in: man dnssec-trust-anchors.d ?

For the meantime, I have disabled DNSSEC validation in:
/etc/systemd/resolved.conf

Thanks,

- J