On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 5:29 PM Bryce Harrington
<bryce.harring...@canonical.com> wrote:

> git-ubuntu has proof-of-concepted a number of subcommands during its
> initial development.  As we're nearing the 1.0 release, we'd like to
> narrow our supported featureset to the ones in heaviest use by users.
>
> Ones that are more challenging to support or that are less heavily used,
> will be removed from the codebase, allowing us to focus on strengthening
> the remaining set.
>
> The UNIX philosophy is "Do one thing, and do it well", and for
> git-ubuntu the principle theme is the management of the repository
> itself, as opposed to the wider packaging workflow for which there are
> other tools available.
>
> Here's our first take at what we think might stay vs. go:
>
>   * git ubuntu clone          [Keep]

this is the only command I've ever used, actually.  I think that's
probably largely due to:

$ git ubuntu --help
No manual entry for git-ubuntu

I know there are issues around being able to provide man pages from a
snap, but man pages really are helpful...

Also, I also know that 'git-ubuntu --help' (or 'git ubuntu -h') does
produce some help output, but that output also refers to man pages
that don't (seem to) exist, e.g.:

"For more information on the commands see:

  $ git ubuntu <command> --help
  $ man git-ubuntu-<command>

More information about git ubuntu itself is available at:

  $ man git-ubuntu
"

In any case, removing any of the subcommands below wouldn't impact me
personally.  Thanks!