Team 'ubuntu-server' currently subscribed to 259 bugs
Bugs last updated on 2023-03-15 (Wednesday)
Date range identified as: "Thursday triage"
Found 41 bugs

Most of the many bugs I looked at were already in good hands.
I have some to mention today:

# https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gpsd/+bug/2011721
# GPS position information doesn't update beyond a first fix with certain device

Likely a valid bug, but requires specific hardware to reproduce.
I asked to verify if it's still happening on Jammy (Kinetic and
Lunar package the same upstream version). The user mentioned
a discussion with upstream, I asked for a pointer to it.

Potential SRU material, but we need more information.
I didn't added the bug to the team's work queues.

# https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/2011583
# samba update to version 2:4.15.13+dfsg-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 on 3/8
# causes nmbd to spam errors to logfile

My impression is that the newer samba version made an issue local
to the user's system or network more visible. Asked for more info.
Subscribed ubuntu-security for awareness. Incomplete.

# https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sysstat/+bug/2010862
# sysstat does not work in 22.04

This is likely due to confusion causes by a /etc/default/sysstat
file that is ignored by systemd. Asked the user to verify.
Incomplete for now, likely not a bug.

# https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/2004433
# freeipa-client: ipa-client-install doesn't modify /etc/nsswitch.conf on 20.04

TIL about dh_installnss while looking at this. The issue is a
corner condition, I believe this is wishlist at most.
Commented with my rationale and set to Incomplete.

# dsctriage

Some ongoing discussions but no user messages to triage.

Paride