I can see pro's and con's to this, but one real benefit would be for end
users to see how the developer uses an application. Often features that
don't make it into the initial documentation can be revealed just by
watching the developer go through the motions. After all, who better to
demonstrate how to use a program than the person(s) who designed it.   I
know, back in the day when I wrote some apps (albeit for windows) there
would inevitably be some functions that went undocumented and got
forgotten about.

I would love to see a program like Rosegarden demonstrated the way it
was intended to be used.

However,  I would not want to burden the developers any more. They have
given so much of themselves to these projects already.  Great work
everyone and thank you.