On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Cory K. <coryis...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> So as of now there's only slight changes. New art has been uploaded.
> (though still not final) Synfig removed because it was causing a build
> issue with the disks.
>
> -RT is coming along better than before but there's constant developments
> there. Some people reported good audio results with .28-generic.
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-tuning/2009-February/date.html
> So, we'll see how things go.
>
> 2 new packages we're looking to get in are rtirq and Pencil (vector
> animation app). We've also dropped Specimen in favor of FontMatrix.
>
> It's still unclear as to whether or not we'll be going to JACK 2.
>
> Some more notes can be seen here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Meeting110109

One thing that would be nice to have, if it's at all feasible, is
qgtkstyle [1]. It's definitely not a must-have package, but since we
use a few qt4 packages in a gnome environment, this would make the
desktop look a lot more polished. It's been working fine for me for
quite some time. There are packages in my ppa, if anyone feels like
trying.

ffado, on the other hand, is a must-have ;-) And I'm curious on how
things are going with jack-in-main.

And I've been wondering whether it would be a good idea to maintain a
2.6.26-rt kernel, particularly if .28 doesn't turn out too well after
all. We could be joining efforts with 64studio, for example, when it
comes to realtime kernel packaging and maintaining. Judging from one
thread I stumbled into [3], it seems they're aiming for a 2.6.26
kernel.

Regards,
Khash.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/qgtkstyle/