On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Scott
Lavender<slaven...@consolidated.net> wrote:
> I have a few questions about testing the latest Ubuntu Studio iso.
>
> Can a rewritable dvd be used for this?

Yes.

> Are there standard testing procedures for Ubuntu Studio (e.g. start Jack
> and Ardour, apt-get install foo, etc)?

There are four levels of testing that I like to do:
1) does the install succeed? (with all the meta packages selected)
2) does the ensuing boot process succeed?
3) do all the essential features of Ubuntu Studio work  (Jack,
Networking, Blender, firewire, etc...) ?
4) can I find any bugs in normal program usage?

This is an old wiki writeup on the subject:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Cases/UbuntuStudio

> If there isn't and someone(s) will provide some information then I would
> be happy to type up something on the Ubuntu Studio Help wiki page
> regarding testing.  You can see what I typed up for Ubuntu Studio
> Controls here:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioControls
> I think I'm not alone when I say this, give me a little direction and I
> am happy to help.
>
> Also I went to the qa tracker but cannot find the ubuntu studio iso to
> download for testing.  Can someone tell me where it is?

This is where it should be for alpha & beta images:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntustudio/all
This is where the daily builds can be found:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/daily/current/

Hope that helps a bit.  If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.
And please do write this up into the documentation, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
-Eric Hedekar