On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Jussi Schultink <juss...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would there be a reason we wouldnt use the official backports? The
> backports team dont bite, and I think they would be more than happy to have
> our efforts and perhaps even accept one of us onto the team.
>
> Jussi

Excellent question and points!  I have to apologize because I meant to
mention this in my previous email.

In my limited experience trying to backport Ardour, JACK and CELT for Hardy
it seemed that the backport team was not extremely responsive to the
backport bugs for those applications.  I believe I even contacted the team
at one point but it has been a good amount of time since then so I cannot be
definitive.

My reasoning was that the backport team, much like other teams, has limited
resources and addressed the most pressing concerns and then transitioned the
packages to my own PPA and made them available.

But your response, Jussi, has galvanized me into action.  I will email JDong
about backporting such applications and mention that I would be extremely
happy to volunteer for their team.

ScottL