On 01/31/2011 01:59 AM, Ronan Jouchet wrote:
> Hit,
>
> I did my tests on the new kernels (-generic from the depots, -lowlatency
> from abogani PPA) and summarized them with ScottL's results (from the
> email he sent some days ago):
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RealTime#Natty%20Benchmarks
>
> That's right, for me (on MY machine, with MY fw card, with MY simple
> non-midi workflow) -generic is just as good as -lowlatency.
> Scott, could you precise your workflow? Does anyone have an idea why our
> results differ that much?
>
> More results on the way? Feel free to fill the table!
> Good day,

I know this doesn't make any sense, but my own first tests with the
-generic showed similar results to Scotts, but now, one or two days
later I get the same sort of results as Ronan. Don't know what updates
there have been since then.
Could you redo your test Scott, after an upgrade?

I guess we should do tests that really stress the system too, but it
would seem, at this early stage, that the -generic is as fast as the
-lowlatency for me as well.

--
ailo