I set up this on my own server. Feel free to check it out at (bad bandwidth, just so you know):

http://mousike.dyndns.org/ubuntustudio/

My opinions so far:

I think the text "Ubuntu Studio for creative humans" is taking too much vertical space. (It feels strange that this text is not integrated with the banner-thing, but that may change if the proportions are changed, perhaps.)

The buttons on the banner, though cool, are not instantly caught by the eye. Perhaps giving them a little color would fix that.
Adding a new color somewhere might make the whole page a bit more vivid.

On one of my monitors i get maximum 1024x768 resolution. Using firefox, not all of the banner fits in my window, while there's quite a lot of room left on the width. I think the width should be expanded while the main stuff should be shrunk vertically.

Otherwise, nice work!