On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Ralf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> tomorrow my hard disks should be tidied up.
> I'll keep Suse 11.2 64-bit to see what's going on in the RPM world and
> as my stable digital audio/midi workstation Edunbuntu 10.10 Maverick
> 32-bit (+ ubuntu studio packages) will stay.
>
> If I could help by testing, what version and architecture of Ubuntu/
> Ubuntu Studio should I install on my 64-bit AMD dual-core machine?
>
> Please post a link to the download.
>
> Best,
>
> Ralf
>

> --

Hi Ralf,

Please find the Oneiric Ocelot release schedule here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricReleaseSchedule

You can find the ISO images here:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/daily/

And the QA testing images here:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntustudio/all

As Cory said, right now we are not currently testing but we would start for
the Alpha 1 image.

We are at liberty to test the daily images at any time once they are being
built.  There isn't a regulated schedule to test these and are generally
done as needed to test a specific change or fix.  These are also used to
test the current image "just because".

The QA testing images _are_ scheduled however and rather critical.  While
the daily images are available at any time and are not required by
process/procedure to be tested, the QA testing images _are_ required to be
tested and specific types of tests.  These are indicated on the website and
are consistent for each testing period.  Generally, I believe you can view
the testing schedule to align with availability of Alpha, Beta, and RC
images.

I will stress again, it is imperative to validate the QA testing images.  It
is possible that the next image will not be available if a previous image
hasn't been completely tested.

Once a QA image is available we have a couple of days to validate the image.

I view the division of QA vs. daily images further by purpose.  The QA image
are testing to validate the ISO, i.e. does the ISO burn onto the disc, does
it install properly, does the OS boot and run.  The daily images are for
verifying that the applications run correctly or that system settings are
working as expected.  The QA images can be used to test system settings or
applications are working properly together, but generally do not suit this
purpose because of their limited availability.

I hope this helps you begin to understand some of the testing.

Please expect the first few alpha images to be a bit quirky due to the shift
to XFCE and we will be specifically testing the early releases for these
issues.  Later in the cycle we may be looking/testing for other areas, e.g.
making sure that new applications are in the proper position in the menu, or
that menu changes are correct.

Cheers,
ScottL