On 10/09/2011 11:12 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
On 10/08/2011 11:31 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
Downloaded the new iso.. 20111007 installed it to whole disk and selected
all packages to install. Install went ok.

However, ardour2 does not start as it can not start jack or detect one
already running. qjackctl comes up as a blank window. Running jackd by
hand seems to result in core dump. This was not a problem with the old
image.

This is a recent regression which I was made aware of two days ago, and
is tracked as https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jackd2/+bug/869420

It looks like people upstream are still investigating (see
http://subversion.ffado.org/ticket/329 ).

Ok, after a few hours debugging this morning I was able to resolve the problem. Martin Pitt has just uploaded a new version of libffado and will schedule a rebuild of the Ubuntu Studio images.

It was also committed upstream as http://subversion.ffado.org/changeset/1999

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic