On Fri, November 25, 2011 12:27 pm, Mike Holstein wrote:
> hey ralph
>
> this is some output that allessio abogani had asked for to supplement some
> testing of the generic kernel vs. the lowlatency kernel...
>
> im just using 11.10 lubuntu with the open stock driver. i made this
> install
> for these tests specifically. you can download 12.04 dailies here if you
> would like...
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/daily/current/
>
> ...but i wouldnt expect it to work, boot, install or anything else quite
> yet..

Well, yes it installs (or it did a few days ago) but.... It has to be
fiddled with to do it. First install with no work flows (some do just
fine, but it is easier to explain with none) and it works fine. Then boot
up and install all the uninstalled ubuntustudio metas... this may require
adding the user to the admin group if that hasn't been fixed yet or
setting a root password in a terminal with sudo. Or install them with
aptitude in a terminal. It does tend to install from network unless the
iso is set up right and mounted as /media/cdrom... usb sticks don't do
this on their own. This is a problem that needs to be fixed... more people
are likely to use usb drives for install than cdroms (think netbooks)...
in fact UStudio can't fit on a cdrom and I don't know if a DVD would get
mounted to the same mount point by default or not.

Anyway, I am going to see if the mods to ubuntustudio.seed have fixed PK yet.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net