I am unable to use the ubuntu studio DVD ISO to upgrade a system. I tried
to upgrade a fresh install of US 10.04 (LTS) to US 12.04 with the live DVD
ISO. This seems impossible.... please remember there are lots of dumber
people out there than me. Anyway, I remember when we used to have the
alternate DVD that when I plugged it in, a dialog would pop up asking if I
wanted to up grade to it. I was glade not to have to decline two or three
times any more after we went to the live DVD.... while I was putting the
ISO on the USB stick.

Things I tried:
 -there is no upgrade option at ISO boot, just go live or install.
 -ubiquity offers no upgrade solution, just install.
       * it does offer to copy a home directory from another drive
         if one is available.
 -as already mentioned, loading the iso doesn't give an upgrade option.
 -the update manager does not see the iso as an upgrade option even
  when forced to see the "cd" (ISO) as it's only source... though it was
  willing to upgrade gimp...

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net