Please don't top-post, thanks!

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 05:12:59PM -0500, Dan smith wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Len Ovens <l...@ovenwerks.net> wrote:
>

> > On Sat, April 21, 2012 1:13 pm, Janne Jokitalo wrote:
> >

> > > For Ubuntu Studio, you are faced with two test cases; Install (ubiquity)
> > > and
> > > Live Session. The latter is the one you would choose when you want to see
> > > how
> > > the distribution runs, prior to proceeding with the install, whereas the
> > > former
> > > will commence with the install immediately.
> >
> > Just a quick note, I have found that installing from the live session is
> > just as fast as installing from boot, while providing more options.
> >
> >  - open a terminal (xterm) and run less /var/log/syslog. Press F once
> >   running to follow the tail (I am told tail -f doesn't work).
> >
> >  - being able to kill ubiquity from a terminal if needed.
> >
> >  - If you have a drive you don't want touched (including the grub sector)
> >   mount it by opening file manager and clicking on the drive you want
> >   left alone and opening a subfolder. ubuiquity will ask if you want it
> >   to try umounting it... say no.
> >
> >  - if using wireless, it can be connected before running the installer.
> >   The installer will give one more option on one of the first few pages.
> >
> > However, in all fairness, both ways need testing.
>
> Downloading as I type.
> What's the bug reporting process?  Will I need to be granted access to
> anything?  I registered single sign on using draci...@yahoo.com email
> address.

No need for any further privileges, just sign in on the website as explained in
my original email. And it has the link to the process as well, but let me repeat
myself:

On the site, once logged in, you choose Precise Pre-Release tracking,
then whatever image you're interested in testing, then the test case (as we're
on Studio's list, you want either the live session or the install directly). Now
you should see 'Link to the testcase' link above the results form. From there
you can see what things are expected to be tested before the results can be
accurately submitted.

Thanks for showing interest!

--
Jaska