on Tueday, July 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote

>I feared that.

Fear? Vectorizing a line drawing is not at all difficult actually.
Vectors curves are very easy to manipulate so you can do all of it
using a mouse; no need of a graphics tablet.

>And a SVG is really needed for the icons?
Yes. The reason icons are made in vectors, is because of its
scalability. You can export and SVG as a bitmap in any resolution that
you want.

On 7/24/12, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:09:06 +0200, Shubham Mishra
> <mishrashubham2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote
>>
>>> If I would draw on paper and import it by Inkscape, would it become a
>>> usable SVG file? I'm asking, because I need to visit a friend to scan a
>>> picture. I'm able to draw, but I don't have the needed computer
>>> equipment to do it and I anyway like drawings on paper.
>>
>> No, simply importing the image into inkscape wouldn't make it and SVG.
>> But you can always import, create a new layer over it, and trace your
>> drawing in inkscape using the pen or pencil tools. Only then does it
>> become a vector image.
>
> I feared that. And a SVG is really needed for the icons?
> - Ralf
>
> --

HAVE A GOOD DAY.