Len Ovens wrote:
> I've switched this over from nautilus to ubuntustudio-meta because we are
> missing the package that makes this work (ubuntu-docs). However, I tried
> installing that package and when selecting help from nautilus it does show
> nautilus docs but at the top it has a desktop button that goes to an all
> unity page. I don't know which is better, no docs or extra wrong docs.
> Obviously the best thing would be to have a ubuntustudio-docs package, but
> that would require upkeep... more than our average :)  A script that takes
> the ubuntu-docs pkg and auto creates a package with just what we need in
> it would be nice, but I don't know how doable.

    Perhaps a very minimal ubuntustudio-docs package would work for this,
including only those files necessary to launch help, with pointers from
the default page to the workflow documentation on the wiki?  This would
also become a good place for us to document the essential ideas of the
workflows and special menus, etc., which might otherwise be confusing for
users coming from some backgrounds.

    Once written, we ought not need to change that much, except where there
are signficant changes to the basic environment (e.g. changing default
desktop environment), or where there are changes in the underlying software
(e.g. new location for default help file): I wouldn't expect this to mean
more than one or two changes per cycle, until someone gets sufficiently
excited about our documentation to maintain it more closely, with more
content, etc.

--
Emmet HIKORY