On Tue, September 11, 2012 6:30 am, Mike Holstein wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2012 5:16 AM, "Tobiasz Karoń" <unf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I wonder why was LMMS dropped from the basic package. I consider it to
>> be
> one of the most useful production tools in my studio :)
>
> There is not room for everything, so some things will not be included by
> default. lmms should be easy to install using the package manager of your
> choice. Several users were having issues with lmms being stable with jack.
> When I had last used it (somewhere around 9.10/10.04) it would crash jack
> or using it with jack would cause lmms to crash. I also though the look
> and
> feel made it seem more like a "toy" than a professional audio production
> tool. If it were going to be included, there would need to be community
> members testing and reporting upstream, and helping to resolve these
> issues.

However, starting with ubuntustudio 12.10, we are trying an easy install
option that opens an installer with extra applications for the menu it is
located in. Lmms is included in that.

Ubuntu Studio is already (as far as I know) the biggest ISO in Ubuntu at 2
Gig. and growing. We have tried to carefully select full work flows with
one application per spot in the work flow. We have tried to pick the best
app for each spot though we have limited ourselves to gnome apps and
haven't added things that require the KDE libs.

Still, there are lots of applications in the ubuntu repos that anyone can
install to add to what we think is a solid base.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net