On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 05:27 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 17:38 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> > No one seems to have tested the amd64 ISO. I don't have such a machine.
> > We need a live session, install, post install and upgrade test. I have
> > done all the 32 bit tests.
> >
> > No test, no release I think.
>
> I installed it from the amd64 ISO. I chose "Install Ubuntu Studio", I
> didn't run the live version.
>
> I'm willing to upgrade from Precise to Quantal by VBox, using the new
> Quantal RC install, but at the moment Quantal RC is the most buggy OS I
> ever used. There seem to be serious issues regarding to GNOME 3.6
> stuff :(.

However, my reports are in the archive.

24 hours testing without sleep, resp. not testing, but "killall -9" all
the time.

I don't know if it's possible to change fonts and backgrounds without
getting issues. I didn't test it that much. Often it's needed to log out
and in again, to get rid of artifacts.
Drives will keep on the desktop, the Google Earth Icon in the menu often
becomes very large, Windows don't show text ...

I'm able to receive with Evolution, but I can't edit or send mails.
White backgrounds aren't white, but grey ...

spinymouse@qrc:~$ evolution

(evolution:3032): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: VLC
Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem 3.4.3)

(evolution:3032): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin:
Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)

(evolution:3032): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin:
DivX® Web Player

(evolution:3032): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin:
QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6
^C

At the moment I need a rest.

To be continued ...