On Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 11:44 AM, Janne Jokitalo wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 05:00:21PM +0800, Ho Wan Chan wrote:
<snip>

> > Er the two metas are the photography and publishing metas. Since
> > 12.04->12.10 upgrades don't include these metas, we hope to at least be
> > able to provide this when 14.04 LTS releases.
>
> Please don't top-post.
>
> Yes, and that is my reasoning exactly. When precise didn't have these
> metas,
> what difference does it make for LTS-to-LTS upgrade, to have them in
> quantal?

I believe the reasoning is that when upgrading to Quantal, one would get
all new additions, just as you would by doing a fresh install.

But, I think we should talk more about what we are expecting from an
upgrade. Since user files are not changed (and what else?), I don't know
if we can expect an upgrade to be similar or the same as a fresh
installation.
I haven't looked at how Ubuntu views upgrades. Would probably be good to
decide what an upgrade cannot do for us, and from there, what we would
like it to do for Ubuntu Studio.