On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:28:07 +0100, Janne Jokitalo <astralj...@kapsi.fi> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 06:14:21PM +0800, Ho Wan Chan wrote:
Someone complained in Launchpad Bug 1070682 (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntustudio/+bug/1070682) before that Ubuntu
Studio is not an option in the Wubi.

Yes, some do say that Ubuntu Studio shouldn't be in it since that it is
very difficult to get some multimedia-specific things to work. However I do
believe at least we should give them that option.

Vote whether you want Ubuntu Studio on Wubi in this mailing list. Length of
vote: 2 weeks.

I already got the code ready to implement it into Wubi so it just depends
on whether you want it or not.

Good work guys. I'll just repeat what I mentioned before; it should be enabled only if people are willing to support it. So I have a suggestion for you; add another question to your poll:"Do you want Studio on Wubi, and if so, then are
you willing to support it?"

Best regards,

Yeah, I don't feel we need to vote about this. I did suggest Howard would post about it since I remember someone having opposing opinions about it.

We have been getting numerous questions about wubi and the lack of Ubuntu Studio support. Seems like many people want it.

I don't have a good idea about what the downsides of Wubi would be. If there are any, it would be great to hear them. Also, we might need to test this. So, perhaps we just implement it, and then decide later if it was a good idea or not?