-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@rocketmail.com>
To: ubuntu-studio-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: OT: ubuntustudio icons
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:59:42 +0100

I respect your work, don't get me wrong. However, I experienced that the
view became more important and that the workflow to use the menu, became
more important, than applications that work without bugs, than
applications that keep the old workflow, than applications that are
compatible to older versions.

The MIDI and the video icon are real icons, because it's absolutely
clear what they are for and that's second most important. The other
icons are unclear. Most important still is, that Ubuntu Studio will
become stable again in the future. I still struggle with getting any
Linux working as good as old Linux did work and during the work your
Ubuntu Studio menu automagically become an averaged menu, just the icons
were kept.

If you customize Ubuntu desktops for Ubuntu Studio, for me it's
important, that I still can use what ever software I want. No doubt
about it, Ubuntu/Xubuntu Quantal already is borked, but Ubuntu Studio
Quantal is completely unusable on my machine as soon as I install some
additional software to use it with old data.

Please don't make everything flashy, but incompatible with old data. I
use Linux since 10 years. Other might use Linux for the first time, so
everything still might be ok for them, but they once will use Linux for
several years too and then they perhaps like to use old data too.

I know that most issues are caused by upstream, but I hope the community
wouldn't take that much care about the flashy view, but more about
functionality.

A lot of software still is broken for the current release, but the icons
for the next release are already on the way.

It's more important that rtirq fits to the kernel lowlatency, than to
have icons. Something that isn't just an issue for Quantal, but always
was an issue for Ubnutu Studio.

On Sat, 2012-12-15 at 10:29 -0800, Len Ovens wrote:
> SM58

That's what I once started and never will be finished. IMO the easiest
kind of mic when doing it as vector graphics.

When I made graphics with screentone I used a
http://www.google.de/imgres?q=realistic+highball&um=1&hl=de&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1152&bih=729&tbm=isch&tbnid=9R5uc0Toi4tVDM:&imgrefurl=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realistic-HighBall-Unidirectional-Dynamic-Microphone-Case-12-XLR-cord-Holder-/150816348819&docid=4CWe2FEeFM46LM&imgurl=http://home.centurytel.net/oldgunhunter/december2011/highballmic2.jpg&w=1000&h=749&ei=L83MUKyTNcX0sgajnICYAg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=413&sig=116716428243212797191&page=2&tbnh=127&tbnw=154&start=24&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:44,s:0,i:225&tx=109&ty=61
as template. It does cost less in Germany, when I bought it 30 years
ago.

The Kermit pill is another easy to draw classic:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110911113011/muppet/images/thumb/a/a9/Reporter_Kermit_1.png/440px-Reporter_Kermit_1.png

Regards,
Ralf