On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:52:42 +0100, Kaj Ailomaa <zeque...@mousike.me> wrote:

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:39:27 +0100, C. F. Howlett <seattlec...@gmail.com> wrote:

A few random thoughts:

It seems to me that a new "official" theme should be introduced with each LTS release. Where/how this theme is developed is not so important as is a
consistent look, feel and functionality with all UbuntuStudio parts.
Perhaps alternate introducing dark and light themes for each release?

I think this is something that many people would like, yes.

Wallpapers: I'm surprised and disappointed that more community
contributions haven't been adopted ... or perhaps I missed the invitation
to participate?  At any rate, perhaps a contest?

If we had started this earlier, I think we might have gotten more submissions. Sorry for being so late. We were busy with other things.

Can/would/should the XFCE team or community be willing to contribute to US
artwork in some fashion?

Finally if the goal is to generate community involvement, introductory
tutorials on DIY xfce themes and the various US tools graphic tools would
seem a welcome addition to the official US "Welcome New User!"
introduction.

Currently we don't have anyone competent in XFCE theming on the team, which would be needed as a starting point. Writing docs is something many people would like to see happening, but very few actually are prepared to do the work. This makes me think the chance for docs appearning on XFCE theming on a Ubuntu Studio wiki/web site is pretty slim. But, we could put together links for existing external documentation. (this goes for all our workflows, and anyone is free to join our effort in making our docs richer).

Oh, and has Desktop Publishing really been abandoned as an Ubuntu Studio
component?  No Scribus, no font manager ... just askin'.