On Wed, Jun 5, 2013, at 09:01 AM, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:

> Great initiative! With some guidelines on how to create them so we get a
> similar look'n'feel I would try to do some tutorials.
>
> I vote strongly against background music in tutorials. Especially if you
> do
> a voice over of what you are doing or when the tutorial is concerning
> audio
> or video production, I think it's unnecessary and collide with the
> information you are trying to get through.
> --

You are welcome to create some, and in the process establish some
standards for how they should be edited.

I think it would be enough with:
 * intro page, with title and description of the tutorial (this could
 use a bit of artwork)
 * temporary zoom-ins when attention to detail is required.
 * subs explaining what happens on screen

I'd rather not do voice overs unless they are fairly good quality, and
the person speaks well enough English for it to be clearly
understandable. That's my initial standpoint anyway.
If we want voice overs, we could always add them afterwards too.

I think it might be nice for some form of tutorials to have music in the
background, but not any kind of music. It needs to be something generic
enough to work on all people.

If you're up to it, you are welcome to edit/oversee all of the
tutorials, if others help creating them.