On Tue, June 4, 2013 9:56 am, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Len Ovens <l...@ovenwerks.net> wrote:
>

>> A good description of a video workflow for those of us who don't know
>> anything about it would be very useful. In fact a documentation of the
>> video work flow for those starting out in video creation would be
>> fantastic.
>>

> As I wrote before I got caught of the conception of VideoSongs which is
> format for doing music videos with two rules:
> 1. What you see is what you hear (no lip-syncing for instruments or
> voice).
> 2. If you hear it, at some point you see it (no hidden sounds).
>
> So, when recording my music I now also set up my iPhone to record myself
> recording the music. This is later cut to a VideoSong. For an example
> check
> out http://youtu.be/lBUUOJpFg9Y which was the song that made me discover
> VideoSongs.

Very cool. I get the picture.

> so far. What I miss is a simple way to get all the video clips in sync
> with
> the music and an easy way to do 'picture-in-picture'. I have found a way
> make the pic-in-pic sort of like I want it to look but it's a bit tricky
> and takes a long time. I've seen tutorials on how to do it on other
> platforms and video editors and it's very quick and simple. Perhaps
> Cinelerra might have an easier way to do this, but I haven't had time or
> knowledge to figure it out so far.

Have you tried blender? While it appears animation oriented, I have seen
videos edited with it too. I don't know if the synchronization would be
any easier, but picture in picture or chromakey (at least thats what we
used to call it) can be done there.

I would try introducing a loud clap into the audio 5 seconds before the
song starts (before you want any video too). Make sure you start the video
before this too. Or add a midi event that turns a light on and off that
the camera can see, again before the song start. With the audio version,
the speaker would need to be close to the camera... or at least the same
distance from the camera for all takes... sound takes time to move.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net