How wide a range of systems do you think that can be made to work in?

There are a lot of external derivatives of Ubuntu these days (not just Mint),
plus there is Debian, which Ubuntu and everything "downstream" from it
is based.

At some point I will want to try this on a Mint install, as the inverse method
of the meta I have been trying to create. Another project of mine is just about
wrapped up, which will give me more time to work on the Cinnamon meta.