On Sun, July 28, 2013 9:27 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-07-28 at 09:05 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
>> This one says that because of it's simplicity it can't be
>> copy-written.
>
> Wow, it's not simple it's a worth protecting logo, it combines the
> "Circle of Friends" with symbols that represent audio, a bobbin or a
> speaker and sound waves. What e.g. does the Swoosh, the Nike logo stand
> for? Its nothing but a comic speedline.

I think that is a difference between licensing and trademark. That is, it
means ubuntustudio, but the creator has no right to say how it can be used
outside of that. In other words anyone can use it without specifying
licensing, but it would be wrong to use it for referring to "Joe's Tire
Service". It still means UbuntuStudio.

What I don't know, is that this is too simple to license, how anyone can
own a font...

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net