We have no new 32bit images just now, But the testing I have done looks very good.

For those testing upgrades:
The upgrade from the terminal works as expected, just follow the instructions.

However, The upgrade from iso image (which is much faster BTW), needs an extra step before starting if you have more than one ubuntu installed on a machine. For example I have /dev/sda1 is my working ubuntu partition and /dev/sda6 is my testing partition. If I just follow the instructions as is there will never be an option to upgrade where the instructions say they should be.

So before I start, I boot to the life image (or the testing partition if there is something runable there) and on /dev/sda1 I create a directory called offline (the name doesn't matter so long as it is unique and owned by root) then I mv (move) boot, etc, vm* and init* into offline.

While this is set this way you will not be able to boot the first partition! don't try :)

Now the upgrade (image) instructions should work fine.

After you are finished testing, from the upgraded partition you need to mv offline/* back into /dev/sda1 root directory. Then run:
sudo update-grub

You should see that the system in sda1 is picked up and you should be able to boot sda1...

To make sda1 the default again :) (and this applies to other upgrades/installs as well) boot to the partition you wish to be the default partition and run:
sudo update-grub
sudo grub-install /dev/sda

(assuming sda is where you boot from... in my case it is sdc)

note if you have more than just the two ubuntu partitions you have to disable all of them except the one you are upgrading as described above for the upgrade(image) test or if you wish to do the upgrade for real.

Smartboyhw, does this make sense?

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net