On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM, Len Ovens <l...@ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
>>
>> Possible reasons against:
>> Xubuntu will only support their LTS for 3 years. Since we base our
>> default DE on theirs, it means we need to take over support for
>> everything XFCE related after those three years.
>

>  So long as it works out of the gate, even if we do nothing to xfce in the
> final 2 years it should continue to work.

This makes me nervous. If it were this easy the Xubuntu team might
commit to it as well, but Micah said we don't have the resources to
maintain Xfce ourselves. You can't just "do nothing" for the last two
years, someone needs to keep an eye out for security problems and
other failures that crop up in newer versions that need to be
backported to the LTS.

http://www.princessleia.com