Hi!

On Mon Jul 21 20:26:24 UTC 2014 Ross Gammon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here is my attempt at collating possible freedesktop categories and
> debtags for the Graphics workflow. You may guess I do not know so much
> about graphics. For debtags, we will probably need to request a new
> facet and tags because none appear to exist yet. It is also difficult
> to do this category without overlapping with the
> video/photography/publishing categories. According to wikipedia, a
> graphics designer gets into all sorts of stuff these days!
>
> Proposed Freedesktop categories - additional categories (main
> categories) description:

(...)

> All thoughts and ideas are welcome - especially if you do graphics
> design! I will incorporate any comments when I drop this onto the wiki.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ross

To reorganize the graphics tool-set, I've been playing with the idea of
1 main categories called "visuals" holding a set of subcategories:
| Visuals
  | 2d
  | 3d
  | video
  | publishing

Would this be a possible take on the menu layout for the graphic
applications?

Also, as you mention, the overlapping nature of many applications
included in blender, makes it possible to question the need for those
subcategories....

However, Ross, i'd love to bounce ideas about this with you and to help
you synch up the wiki with the current state of the Ubuntustudio DE. If
there is anything important or that you think i might be unaware of,
please let me know :)

Yours,
--
Set Hallstrom