One thing about Openshot: It shares the same backend as kdenlive,
but you must make sure that in a finished distro they are both depending
on the same versions of melt or installing one blocks the other. I've
run into this with ppa versions of kdenlive blocking openshot from
installing. I was alwasy curious to see what Openshot was doing and
thus often installed it for testing,