I uploaded a new, rewritten from scratch, ubuntustudio-controls. This
version is only able to administer realtime privilege. I released it as
version 1.

I already noticed a couple of issues.
1) you get info that you need to reboot in order for changes to take
effect, but it is actually enough to re-login.
2) if you disabled realtime, you can not enable it again until after
loggin in again (but that is more of a feature).
3) The info dialogues look strange. Preferably they should disable the
main window, but look normal in other respects.

I'm going to see about that stuff today. Tomorrow the archive is being
frozen, and after that I will need an archive admin to approve any
uploads, but that is fine for bug fixing until the release is out in
October.