Some thougths inline below.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 10:52 AM, Kaj Ailomaa <zeque...@mousike.me> wrote:

> So, let's discuss how we do this.
>
> Ideally we have a vote.
>
> WHEN?
>
> I feel that it would be a good idea to have a vote on the next project
> lead in January. That way the new project lead has three months to
> prepare and is able to follow all of the work I do before a release.
> After 16.04 is released, the new project lead is officially announced.
> Any objections?
>
> Good idea.

> WHO VOTES?
>
> Who should be allowed to vote?

I think as Xubuntu does, only team members should be allowed to vote.
Though, it's a bit unclear what constitutes the Ubuntu Studio team. :)

> HOW DO WE VOTE?
>
> If we do an anonymous vote, we need to use some sort of a service. Which
> is easiest/best?

I think the voting should be open, my suggestion is on IRC. No anonymous
votes. However, that is just my opinion.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Kaj Ailomaa <zeque...@mousike.me> wrote:

> REQUIREMENTS TO BE CANDIDATE
>
> What should be required of a candidate?
>
> I think everyone would agree on that the candidate needs to at least:
>  * be active and available
>  * know something about Ubuntu Studio development
>
> I also felt that the candidate should know:
>  * Debian packaging (and Debian Policy)
>
> Beyond that, I think it would be nice if the candidate also was required
> to prepare a set of goals that he/she has for the next two years, so
> that we know what we are voting for.

Some thoughts about the next coming two years would be good to have, and
how the lead is going to "run the business". Otherwise it is kind of voting
in the dark unless you know the person beforehand.

> HOW OFTEN DO WE VOTE FOR A NEW PROJECT LEAD?
>
> I would like to suggest every two years.
>
> Agreed.

I also think it might be helpful if you/we could document what is expected
from the project lead, so they know what is expected of them before they
volunteer for the position. But also as I wrote before, I think some of the
tasks of current project lead could be delegated to other roles. That have
not really been the case lately due to the team being so small. But with
any luck the team might grow again and it wouldn't be such great task for
someone in the PL roles to do more or less everything.

/Jimmy