On Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 11:18 AM, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> REQUIREMENTS TO BE CANDIDATE
>
> What should be required of a candidate?
>
> I think everyone would agree on that the candidate needs to at least:
>  * be active and available
>  * know something about Ubuntu Studio development

I would like to add that knowing something equivalent should suffice,
since the candidate will have three months to learn about the Ubuntu
Studio development process, and if the candidate has sufficient skills
in similar areas, there should be no problem to pick up the
administrative part of Ubuntu Studio development.

So, if the candidate has enough experience in software development of
any kind within the Linux world, it should not be too much of a burden
to pick up the skills needed to lead the Ubuntu Studio project.

In other words, it can be someone from the outside.

> I also felt that the candidate should know:
>  * Debian packaging (and Debian Policy)

If someone skilled at Debian packaging will commit to the project for
the two years, then the lead doesn't have to be an expert at that. But,
it is still a lot easier, if the lead knows how this works.