On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 23:02:48 +0200, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
>I like the logo. I am tired though and will write a longer reply on my
>thoughts on all the discussions today. To be continued...

The logo is perfect for an audio/video distro. It includes the three
people from the Ubuntu logo and an audio/video reel. It's an open
circle, it isn't closed. The open part also shows something that could
be interpreted as sound waves or as a symbol for the computer, a
similarity to the IEEE 1394 interface logo. It also has similarities
with a speaker, slipmat, record, CD, DVD, record player ... The
colouration stands for technology, engineering.

What's missing are hints to art, independence. If covers the technical
aspect of music, but doesn't represent art, let alone photography and
other arts, even while you could claim, that it has got similarities to
a lenses, airbrush nozzle ...

What I usually see in the logo is the same as Len does see. And I agree
with Len's "under the hood" argument. If you are young and start your
first band, you like to think about the band name without being able to
perform a single song. A band without a name, but able to perform 15
good songs likely will become famous as "The band without name", while
nobody will care about the band with the hip name, but without songs.

IOW the logo is good, just not independent from Ubuntu. If you make a
new distro (while Linux audio already sucks regarding too many audio
distros ... please read the link on Robin's website ;) you anyway
shouldn't care too much about the logo, just become the disro without
a logo and without a name, known for what's under the hood.

There are many examples, such as the famous "Silk Cut"
https://s3-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fmigration_catalog%2Farticle5244553.ece%2Falternates%2Fw620%2FPg-10-saatchi-2.jpeg&sp=d9d07f4bdf4c76b0e8cbf320a87fc496

The brand has got a logo, but they advertised without and even without
a health label in the 80s, so some people didn't know that it has to do
with cigarettes, but those who were aware about it gave them self a pat
on the back.

Logo's and names are less important.