On Fri, Sep 4, 2015, at 04:55 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Sep 2015 10:37:03 +0200, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> >I will lead the coding of it, and will invite everyone to have
> >opinions on features and design once I have the barebones up and
> >running. Using whatever we have already discussed as base.
>
> Instead of a GUI, something with an visudo/make config attitude IMO
> would be better.
>
> A launcher in a terminal could open an ncurses thingy or editor like
> nano in a terminal and provide help and search options as make config
> for kernels does and as old config for kernels or visudo for sudoers, it
> could verify and correct the edited settings.

The gui will be important for the largest amount of users, so I can not
see -controls without one.
But, of course, we could have command line options as well, or have a
separate command line tool with access to the same functions as the
-controls application.

The application will actually be in separate parts. One of them will be
dealing with system administration. There will be another part, which is
an indicator app.

This is the feature definition page for the new -controls, which is not
complete and needs to be reworked
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/FeatureDefinitions/UbuntuStudioControls.