I think it's the motherboard because.... I can start two other computers
with the iso-USB stick and with the live-dvd in a usb-dvd-drive.
I tried ubuntu 12, 14, ubuntustudio 14, 15 and windows. It's not possible
to boot this system via the usb port and I tried all six ports.

Also sometimes the computer restarts when I plug things in to the usb

So first I'll try to re-seat the motherboard in the case. If that don't
work I flash it. if that don't work I'll replace it

Grant