On 11/10/15 11:07, floccul...@gmx.co.uk wrote:
Picking up from where elfy left off.

There are currently 49 bugs on the package tracker. Which is a lot - makes it hard for people to even think about starting to deal with it.

I'll add the list of what apps testcases are expected to be written for to the bottom of the mail.

I don't use Ubuntu Studio so it's hard to know which is a standalone application and which are plugins for other applications you seed. So if something in the list is used within something else - it doesn't need a test itself, but needs testing as part of the other app, can someone mark those in the list if they can't be tested alone. I can mark the bug then and the list becomes smaller.

So, to use the package tracker - there needs to be a Launchpad Release Team - does Studio have one? (This is how rights to edit the tracker are set up)

A few questions :

  * What appetite is there amongst you to both write the tests and
    keep them up to date?
  * What do you expect to gain? Is it worth the effort? Someone needs
    to watch the tracker - check reported bugs?

It might be that you're better off as you are - without using the tracker.

regards

[snip]

Something I neglected to mention - testcases like this work best when they're short.

So if it would take a while (maybe 30 minutes min) to run something - thinking about audio/graphic production then I'm not sure about the value.

You might be better exploratory testing - probably what you do - that is run with the dev version and report bugs.

thanks