As of a few hours ago, Ubuntu archive has entered "Final Freeze", which
means any upload will need to be accepted by archive admins. It also
means we are about a week away from "Final Release". See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WilyWerewolf/ReleaseSchedule.

So, the ISOs that are being built currently can be regarded as release
candidates. The actual version of the ISO that will be released will
probably not appear until sometime closer to release day (next
Thursday), as the ISO will often need to be rebuilt as something was
changed in one of the packages (due to critical bug fixes).

If you would like to help testing the ISOs, please see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Testing/ISOTesting. On that page
you can read all about how to test the ISOS, how to submit your results,
and how to report bugs.

The most crucial testing period will be the hours before the actual
release, as that is when we need to make sure all tests have passed so
we can mark our ISOs ready for release. That is in fact the main point
of submitting results, currently.

If you test now (any day before release day), there's no big point in
submitting results, unless one of the test cases failed, since the ISO
will most likely be rebuilt several times before release day, and all
tests will then need to be redone anyway.
If any test fails, however, it is quite critical to at least report a
bug. Submitting a result is a good idea as well, while even more
important - make sure we are all aware that a test failed (notify on
this mail list, or on IRC).