Videos can be posted to Archive.org, which also will make a .ogv
derivative of it. Unlike Youtube, Archive does not seek record company
licenses, block on a per-country bases, nor scan content for 3ed party
content. No law requires Youtube to do it eithert due to the DCMA
"safe harbor" provision-but Google is so big my guess is they feared
the record companies would get the law changed.

That scanning was why I dumped Youtube back in 2010.