On Fri, 19 Feb 2016, Ross Gammon wrote:

Read this post the other day. Some of our packages appear on the website
as having errors/issues. So if someone is looking for something to do......

It could also be relevant to our plans to become desktop agnostic.

So ubuntu is moving from the only slightly broken and very slow software center to something more broken :P (I already had trouble finding packages I know are there in SWC)

Fixing this means lots of tiny changes to almost every package that will not impove the running of the application just so we can load it. On the up side, it should make searching for the packges that do work easier.

This is why we still include synaptic in Studio. I will note that SWC can't properly install jackd as an example, and probably other sw as well.

This why we have ubuntustudio-controls  :)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net