On Sat, 16 Apr 2016, br...@linuxsynths.com wrote:

have you guys tried Simple Screen Recorder? I've had much success with it and
I'd
love to see it in the US repos! Here's the website: SSRĀ

As with everything ubuntu, it needs to be in the debian repos first. Personally, I have had zero success packaging sw to a *.deb package :(

I can write my own sw but packaging is just wierd...

Anyway, what I did find in the Ubuntu repos is Vokoscreen. It seems to be a GUI wrapper around avconv/ffmpeg depending which you have. It allows full screen/Window/Area video in. Seems to be in current development, 2.4.0 was released this year. (we are stuck with 1.9.0 in Ubuntu) Maybe because they seem to be heading all ffmpeg (now that debian has mmpeg again).

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net