I dislike several aspects of Fons personality, but in addition to Fons'
amazing parametric EQ, that really does, what a parametric EQ should
do for my taste, there is Fons' IR thingy, perhaps not available as a
plugin, that is very good and even Fons' algorithm reverb is very good
for the one and only characteristic it provides. The only weak point
is, that the algorithm reverb doesn't provide a selection of
characteristics. Resume: Fons is not the most sympathetic person on
this planet, but if you want to be on the safe side, when using Linux
effects for pro audio and you dislike to find a needle in a haystack,
just test and use effects provided by Fons. Sure, I have heard a few
other native Linux effects for free as in beer that are ok, IIRC Linux
DSP provided some, however, most of the times I prefer external gear
over Linux effects, excepted of one ore the other provided by Fons.