For anything to pull in wine by default is a theoretical security risk,
due to the great many cross-platform exploits that then install
Windows-only payloads. While most of these would fail on a Linux/wine
setup due to not being invoked within wine, a malware author could
probably fix that.

A user installing wine to run a Windows binary is doing so knowingly
and is aware that Windows binaries can be run. A user expecting a
Linux machine to be unable to run Windows  binaries and relying on
that for security could get a surprise if they are unaware wine is installed.