Hi,

IMO an AIO approach always requires a rotten compromise. Not only
related to the chosen Linux distro, but also to the chosen hardware.

You either chose climate protection or you chose a super-computer with
a super-instruction set, that anyway is not used by packages provided
from repositories. For sure the super-computer still has got advantages
over an energy-saving computer.

You chose the advantages of a desktop PC, but at the same time the
disadvantage caused by e.g. the need for a graphic tablet, that can't
hold a candle to the latest generation of 12.9-inch tablet PCs and
modern pencils for graphic tablets.

You either maintain your own install by using a lot of packages from
official repositories of a distro, but also by compiling your own
packages or you only use packages provided by repositories. Both ways
have got their pitfalls.

You could do this or that...

This could become a very long list of an ambivalent point of view.

For other reasons than yours, I'm using two kinds of computer.

Perhaps you should use two computers, too. One for networking and
another for media production.

We usually use a dishwasher and a washing machine and not just one of
those machines to wash dishware and clothes. We can not have a Ferrari
and a family car in one car.

For web browsing and email I'm almost entirely using a Linux desktop PC.
For music production I'm almost exclusively using a tablet PC.
For my taste it's more or less impossible to do both on one machine or
to do it vice versa. Without doubts, other people have different needs.

Btw. to listen to music or to watch a film, I'm usually not using a
computer at all. I'm still in favour of a hi-fi system with amplifier,
turn table etc. and to watch films I'm still using a television set.

Regards,
Ralf