On Mon, 9 Sep 2019, Elias Kesh wrote:

In term of licensing I was thinking LGPL, but, open to suggestions.

I think that would be ok.

For a small Pedal board, I have the source and schematics on github using an
Arduino:

https://github.com/EliasKesh/SmallMidiExpressioWithButtons

The LED's on the stompbox (like tempo) are controller from the app.

Cool. I may look into that in a bit as I have some of the small Arduino boards.

In terms of setup, I think keyboard players are used to a certain amount of
programming before playing. At least this method uses a large screen, real
keyboard and is consistent. However, for the less techie group I would think
it's
a non starter.

still probably easier than PD I guess.

It would not be too difficult to set up the information (Patches, Tempo) by
clicking on buttons and then having the code write into the HTML file. There is
already a parser with reads songs files, extracts the meta data and can rewrite
them (Comes for changing my mind on formats too much).

Ah, well thats not so bad then. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention to the video... it does have rather a lot of information in it.

In terms of packing. I already have the debian make system and can build a .deb
.
However, beyond that I would need some guidance on what is required. I was also
wondering if it where packaged as a container, that might make it easier to use.

To be included as a debian package you have to be able to first make a src package (unless it is totally scripts and needs no compile steps). This is because it needs to be buildable for various archetectures... and maybe to allow code review more easily as well. If you happen to use autoconf and friends (.configure, make, make -<something> /usr install) that step should be easy. I think cmake is not to hard either. ./waf is much harder I think.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net