I would suggest adding:

1) Siril (photography) - astrophotography suite that does a series of
tasks related to it, including dealing with astrophotography specific
file formats, aligning and stacking of large number of images, dealing
with dark, flat and bias frames etc. (debian package: siril)

2) Hugin (photography) - panorama maker, also useful for making HDR
images, and aligning of some specific astrophotography and
non-astrophotography related aligning. (debian package hugin)

3) Godot (game design) - Godot is an open sourced gaming engine. it
looks like it finally is in debian repositories and we can put it in. :)
(current package is godot3. Godot 4.0 is expected to happen sometime in
the middle of 2020 through so worth watching)

4) Natron (video) - node based compositing software. (a commercial
example would be adobe after effects)  it has an active userbase. The
main problem is that it is not in the repos, but it is available as a
snap (and also as a flatpak)

There is some other software I would love to see in, but they don't have
repos/packages available so not sure it is feasible to discuss them.

Could we start with the full list of software and work off of it?  I am
worried we might miss less obvious overlaps or potential missing items.
For example we should probably look into video viewers (not sure we have
VLC installed by default) and what music players we have. I believe we
are not pre-installing some publishing packages like calibre, etc :)

Best

Eylul