Hi all,

As many of you know, Ubuntu has revealed a logo revamp[1]. Since we are a part
of
Ubuntu (not a separate distribution as some assume on first glance), it seemed
be time for us to follow suit. It's not mandatory, but stylistically it makes
sense to be
on the same page as to not fall behind.

As such, I requested the .svg source files from Canonical and was able to get
my
hands on them. Using the same styles and fonts, I was able to come up with the
"tag" and two variations of the wordmark with the tag that you can see in the
attached PDF. Both variations with the wordmark are based on how Canonical will
be styling the Canonical logo going forward, as they are doing away with the
aubergine circle and going with the Ubuntu logo, labeled as "Canonical Ubuntu"
in
their wordmark. So, I'm simply following that pattern.

I don't know which of the other official flavors will be following suit, but
all of this
happened sometime in 2010-2012 before. I guess this might be a way of setting
the
example, but we'll see.

Also, I know many of you won't be a fan of this, but the way I see it is
keeping
aligned with the umbrella branding as to keep with the "Ubuntu" name which we
remain a part of.

Thanks everyone!
--
Erich Eickmeyer