Hi all,

During my testing this evening of kdenlive 22.08, I found two issues:

kdenlive now needs a recommends on mediainfo. No big deal, bug filed (LP:
#1987934[1]),
I can practically take care of that in my sleep.

However, it also needs a module in mlt: glaxnimate. Upon investigation,
glaxnimate
requires a build-dep on qt5base-dev and a build flag enabled
(-DMOD_GLAXNIMATE=ON).
It was at this point that I discovered that the glaxnimate submodule is
*entirely missing*
from the source tarball, and that the wrong tarball was grabbed by the Debian
maintainer
upstream from https://github.com/mltframework/mlt/releases/tag/v7.8.0[2]. It
seems as
though the maintainer grabbed the github tagged source code tarball (released
June
22nd) and not the intended tarball with all submodules, which came later (July
3rd).

Since this tarball is obviously incorrect, how do we fix this situation? The
maintainer will
obviously have to be alerted to the error, but that doesn't solve the immediate
problem
with versioning in the archive. As this is a universe package, I'm more than
happy to take
care of it as long as I know how to version it.

I can take care of all the necessary steps to write a bug report on this, but
this seemed like
a unique situation that I needed some advice on first, and seemed like it
needed more
explanation than I can provide on IRC.

Thanks,
Erich