Hi guys

Thanks for the tip about gksudo and its use. From now on I will try to read
the man pages. I'm actually losing my fear of the terminal  :)
Now to get into subject I was wondering if this is the right place to ask. I
own a Sony Vaio laptop. It's actually kind of low-end (VGN-FS series with
Celeron M processor and 512RAM - upgraded to 1.5 GB). I'd been a Windows
user for some time until a couple of weeks ago when I decided I had enough
and wiped my hard drive and installed Ubuntustudio on it. My decision was
functional as well as ideological. No need to go into that. I suppose you
all know what I mean. Now, I'm used to Windows' apps. I used Nuendo as a DAW
(for audio and MIDI) and Sound Forge for editing. In fact, I am a music
student and I actually need these apps for my projects. So what i've done is
risky and I would appreciate your help. What I'm trying to say is that I'd
rather use Linux native replacements for these apps instead of running a
Virtual Machine. I would say I'm almost a newbie, although I already bought
a couple of magazines and books to help me through the process. So I'm all
ears to recommendations and tips....

Thanks in advance guys,

Rafael